Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How do you restore an iMac G4 to common factory settings?

A friend give me an iMac G4 and I'm having some trouble restoring it to factory settings. My friend is contained by another country right now on Summer time off for about a month and I can't return with a hold of him. When he gave it to me it be restored to factory settings. I started it up and the introduction began, reaction to Mac blah, blah, blah,. So then I created a user portrayal and everything was fine. But I of late want to reset it back to factory settings. I tried going into Mac backing but I could not find anything. It being used and given to me it didn't come near a user guide or else I wouldn't be asking this grill. So if Mac users or anyone that has have same experience in the recent past out there can backing me I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks greatly!! Again it's an iMac G4 with Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.

How do you restore an iMac G4 to common factory settings?

This is assuming you hold the original system restore compact disc...



Put the OS X install CD contained by your drive, reboot holding the 'C' key. At the first eyeshade, 'select a language' go to the installer menu and choose Disk Utility. When that open, click on the Erase Tab, click on your hard drive, click on the option button (at the bottom of the window) and select 'zero all data', click OK and afterwards click Erase. Wait a long time (takes at least 30 minutes), and adjectives data is gone and zeroed. Quit the Disk Utility, and choose to verbs the installer. When that is complete, shut down instead of setting up the system (press CMD-Q, and select the resort to exit the setup and shutdown. When the computer is booted next, it will return to that setup eyeshade for the new user.



Hopefully this help you out and best of luck
Toss it and get a PC. Macintosh is rubbish.


No comments:

Post a Comment